Friday, April 19, 2013

Poster Day

We had our project poster demonstrations on Wednesday.

It went fairly well all things considered. Unfortunately we were a bit off the beaten path in the SIG Lab, so we wound up presenting to each other. That said, everybody's projects, posters, and presentations were really fantastic. I presented first to Norm, Aline, and the DMDers. People were already familiar with my project, but I think overall it went well and was good practice for next week (I can't believe I have less than a week left).

The only real concern that came out of the presentation was that Aline told me I had to do a live demo. I'd been planning just to record videos, and a live demo is a little scary. Not because I'm afraid of how my code will behave - every presentation I've ever done for Aline and Norm has been a live demo - but because I don't have a computer that can easily connect to the projection system and run my code. Oh, well. Maybe I can transfer all those files to the pc in the lab and run tests before the presentation on Thursday, or maybe Aline can teach me how to export the unity scene so it plays outside of Unity itself. I'm not too concerned about this, but it bears addressing.

Anyway, the poster I presented is below. I'll do a separate blog post about my progress since last time.



No comments:

Post a Comment