Monday, April 1, 2013

Slow Week

Slow week this week, and so short update.

Discovered a bug in my code where apparently ending interactions is no longer a one sided decision (as it used to be). Almost didn't notice, as usually the character on the other side of the interaction ends their side of the interaction soon after, but for a short moment they will follow around the character that's "broken up" with them and continue to interact with them even after the interaction should have ended. This has proven to be a more deeply rooted problem than I initially realized, and I'm just trying to uncover its root right now.

Also backtracked a bit to try and flesh out some of the potential actions by giving them different animations, and discovered that some of the animation files seem not to link up. Also trying to find the root of this problem, though this might be a question for Aline (since it seems like only the four or so animations in the demonstration she wrote up seem to have transferred intact into my code).

Finally, I've just been trying to implement the player 1 controls for the beta/poster next week. It took a backseat to debugging, but it's still my main focus (and it's still giving me some trouble).

Until next week, when hopefully I have something visual to share...

No comments:

Post a Comment